Teller/Customer Service Representative
Lakeview Bank has an immediate opening for a Full Time Teller/Customer Service Representative. This position supports the Retail Department by performing traditional teller transactions as well as other customer service duties. This full time position includes a rotating Saturday morning shift.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The position of Customer Service Representative/Teller is responsible for providing high quality customer service by meeting the needs of customers in an efficient and friendly manner. Position responsibilities include handling transaction processing and some customer service responsibilities including opening new accounts and responding to a variety of customer inquiries. Responsible for promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relationships.
The position of Teller/Customer Service Representative is not responsible for the supervision of any employees. However, should the need arise for supervisory responsibilities, the incumbent will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws, ensuring adherence to EEO guidelines.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- The environment for this position is an open office that is mostly clean and comfortable, may include exposure to outside elements.
- The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 40 pounds), driving, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, and reaching.
- The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular telephone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), typewriter, computer terminal, PDA, personal computer and related printers.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, and multiple concurrent tasks.
- High School or equivalent. Previous teller or commensurate training in retail activities, including cash handling.
- Excellent customer service skills that include the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Team player with ability to be flexible and multi task while paying close attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.
To apply for this position please email resume and cover letter to Lisa Meinerts at firstname.lastname@example.org